Online Registration Setup
Setup Online Forms
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup/edit your online registration form packets. Packets must be setup and published each school year (perpetual packets are not allowed). Please provide the following information:
- Advise when you want the form packets published (open and close dates).
- Advise if you have any desired form changes.
- Provide any linked documents that need to be updated every year (such as your annual notice).
To review/edit online registration forms, click the “Setup Online Forms” link from your School Office Menu or go to https://YourSchool.SchoolWise.com/form. Ensure you enter your specific web domain and select the correct school year! All online registration form data is linked to packets published for a specific school year.
- Click on the Forms link to preview each form individually, turn the skip form option on/off (to allow parents to skip a form), edit Variables (review the customizable variables carefully).
- Click on the Preview link to preview the complete form packet (as seen by parents).
- Click on the Packet link (SchoolWise staff only) to edit the packet properties and set the open/close dates. If the open date is left blank, the packet will be available as soon as it is published. The close date can not be blank, it must be a date on or before the last day of the school year. The max close date is 90 days in the future if the school year-end date has not set in the calendar.
- Form packets will be available for parents to access only when the Published status is set to Yes and the form packet date is open. If form packets for multiple school years are published concurrently, only the oldest form packets will available to access from the parent portal. Old packets have to be unpublished before new packets will be available to access from the parent portal.
- Click on the Published Yes/No link to change the packet status as needed. Your school administration should review and approve all registration packets before they are published! Editing packet content after it has been published is often not advisable (a supplement packet could be published if needed).
- Registration form packets must be published each school year (perpetual packets are not allowed).
At least one school calendar for the district must exist in the SchoolWise SIS for the school year (at least the year period) before any registration packets can be created. A temporary calendar can be setup if needed and then edited after the official school calendar has been finalized.
- For registration packets to be published for particular grade levels, grade-level (0H) courses must exist for those grades and have at least one section in either the current school year or upcoming school year. The sections can be empty (no students enrolled) but they need to exist in the SchoolWise SIS.
- Specific form packets are created with sub-set of particular forms for different purposes.
- The First Day Packet is intended for all students, whether they are new or returning. There are particular forms in these packets which should only be completed for existing families with enrolled students since some forms are pre-populated with existing data from the SchoolWise SIS (thus parents only have to edit the existing information if it needs updated). The Family Household Information form, Student Emergency Contacts form, and Student Medical Information form are examples of critical forms which are synced to the SchoolWise SIS records of students already enrolled.
- The First Day Packet includes 2 linked packets (both must be published concurrently). The Household Information packet (which must be filled out first) includes common forms for a family which only has to be filled out once, even if there is more than one student per family (ex. Family Household Information form, Proof of Residency, NSLP F/RP Application, Income Survey). The First Day Packet includes forms linked to a specific student (ex. Student Emergency Contacts form, Student Medical Information form, General Consent form).
- The optional new parent/student application packets are intended for new application/enrollment requests. The new parent application packet collects data for a new family that doesn’t exist in your SIS records. The student application packet collects data for a new student that is not currently enrolled in your school. These packets include specific forms used for initial enrollment that are not required for returning students. There are some forms typically included in the first-day packet that have been excluded from these packets because they are not required for you to make an enrollment approval decision. The logic here is to minimize the number of initial forms that have to be filled out by a parent and then reviewed by a school to make an enrollment acceptance/denial decision.
- An optional intro message can be added to a form packet if desired. These intro messages are not shown in the packet preview, they are only shown in the parent portals.
New Parent/Student Application/Enrollment Packets
- If this optional feature is desired, contact email@example.com to enable this at your school.
- Special online form packets are required for new parent/student applications. These packets include specific forms required for creating new parent/student records in the SchoolWise SIS and specific forms required for a new student application (ex. immunization records, health exams, previous school records, etc.).
- Once new parent/student application packets have been created, they can be published at any time.
- The application packets can be used for enrollment in the current school year or upcoming school year.
- The new parent/student application process is quite intuitive for parents to follow.
- Direct parents to your specific SchoolWise web portal URL (YourSchool.SchoolWise.com).
- Existing parents in your SchoolWise SIS should sign into their SchoolWise parent portal account (or create one if needed by clicking the Parent Signup link) and complete a new student application packet for each child they want to enroll.
- New parents should be directed to your specific SchoolWise web portal to click on the Parent Signup link. New parents can signup for a restricted new parent registration account using their email (no access code is required). Once they complete the new parent application packet, they can complete a new student application packet for each child they want to enroll.
- If desired, these new parent/student application instructions can be linked to your school website:
- Click here for English instructions.
- Click here for Spanish instructions.
- We have many standard forms and customizable forms available. Use the Browse Form Library link or click here to see a few examples.
- Simple custom forms can be created if needed. Complex custom forms (such as a fillable pdf) can be linked if needed.
- Specific forms allow required supporting documents (files/pictures) to be attached/uploaded by parents. Forms don't support attaching/uploading more than 1 file per attachment field. If multiple files (pictures/documents) need to be attached/uploaded by parents, they would have to be merged into 1 file or attached/uploaded in separate attachment fields.
- Some forms may include links to external documents or websites. If a specific document for your school needs to be linked, your school can provide a shared link to the document or you can provide the document to SchoolWise so that it can be saved in our Google Drive folder and linked.
- Some linked documents need to be revised annually (ex. Annual Notice to Parents and NSLP application instructions). Tip: To minimise annual editing, avoid dating linked documents if not required.
- Spanish Translations: Online forms are created/published in English but can be auto-translated into Spanish using Google Translate (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance if the translation needs to be edited). The parent portal will auto-translate the online form if the parent portal account preferred language is set to Spanish (this can be changed in the account settings). Forms that have linked Spanish documents (attachments) only show the linked Spanish documents (attachments) when the parent portal account preferred language is set to Spanish.
- School administrators can enable the skip option for many forms if desired. This makes the form optional, allowing parents to skip the form. Click on the forms link for the packet and then click the checkbox to allow the form to be skipped. An optional skip message can be added (contact email@example.com).
- Note: If a parent skips a form and then changes their mind, they can rescind the skip and fill the form out if the form packet has not been uploaded. If you have already uploaded the form packet, it is now locked which means the skip can’t be rescinded.
- We can use conditional properties to show or hide particular forms for specific grades or schools. Ex.
- The immunization form in the First Day Packet will only be shown to grade 7 students.
- The student application packet health exams form will only be shown to entry grade levels (TK, KN, 01).
- The student application packet most recent school and records release forms will not be shown to entry grade levels (TK, KN).
Some forms can be customized with variables in the packets. The form preview only shows the default settings. The packet preview shows the customized form variables and properties. We attempt to utilize the customized variables and properties best suited for your school. Please review all form variables carefully, especially the following forms:
- Family Household Information: The minimum number of required outside contacts can be specified.
- Proof of Residency: We have 2 versions, either with 1 custom document list or 2 custom document lists (primary list and secondary list). The lists can be edited as desired.
- Income Data: We have two forms, either a Detailed version or a simpler NSLP Range version (the income ranges are updated annually in the NSLP Range form to match the CDE Income Eligibility Guidelines (IEG)). Either form has an optional custom introduction paragraph which can be added at the top of the form.
- NSLP F/RP Application: Can include a link to your specific school instructions (English & Spanish) that should be updated annually.
- Student Emergency Contacts: The volunteer question is optional.
- Student Housing Questionnaire: Add contact information for your LEA’s Homeless Liaison.
- Pesticide Use Notification: Edit to include the specific pesticide details for your school.
- Student Application: Edit options for birth documentation, photo, signature.
- Most Recent School: Report card attachment is optional.
- Records Release Request: Edit to include your school contact information.