Online Registration Overview
Our web-based online registration system is used in conjunction with our web-based parent portal to publish online registration forms which parents can read, fill out, and sign using any internet browser (via computer, tablet, or smartphone).
Some forms are pre-populated with existing data from your SchoolWise SIS (parents only have to edit the existing information if it needs updated).
Many standardized forms are available. Custom forms can be created for almost any use that the school has. Specific online registration forms allow required supporting documents to be attached/uploaded by parents.
Once the online registration forms have been completed by a parent, the form data can be accessed and managed by your school administration from the Manage Online Registration console. Online form data can be accessed at any time (just change the school year to access specific records).
The individual registration forms can be printed for offline use if hard copies are needed. We also have many reports available in the SchoolWise web portal and SchoolWise SIS for the critical data which is synced to the SIS.
In addition to typical first day form packets, the following optional form packets can be published:
- New parent/student application/enrollment packets. Click here for more details.
- Online daily health screening system. Click here for more details.
Parent Portal Access
For parents/guardians to access the online registration forms, direct them to your specific SchoolWise web portal URL (YourSchool.SchoolWise.com) to sign into their Parent Portal account and click the online registration link (this will be the default landing page if first day packets are due).
There are 2 methods for existing parents to create a parent portal web account from the Parent Signup link at your specific SchoolWise web portal URL (YourSchool.SchoolWise.com). Click here for instructions.
- Web Account Access Method 1: Parents can create an account by entering the parent activation code provided by the school.
- Web Account Access Method 2: Parents can create an account by entering their parent name, parent email, child name, and child DOB. An activation code will be emailed to them.
Note: If an existing in-household parent does not have a web portal account, an activation code will automatically be generated when you enroll the student in your school (the creation of the enrollment record triggers this action, not the specific enrollment effectivity date).
Note: If a web user has forgotten their existing web account Username and/or Password, they can retrieve their Username and/or Password by clicking on the link below the Password field and entering their email address (which must match your SchoolWise SIS data) to have their login credentials emailed to them. If needed, a school administrator can access any parent portal account with their username and password. From the SchoolWise web Manage Web Users link, go to the Parents tab and click on the hamburger menu next to the Username and then click on Display User Credential. Click here for more details.
We have several reports you can run from SchoolWise web Administrator Reports menu and SchoolWise SIS Reports menu to obtain activation codes or verify the parent portal account status for each student.
- Class Rosters With Parent Activation Codes
- Class Rosters With Parent Activation Codes Whole School
- Student Parent Activation Status Whole District
- Student Parent Activation Status Whole School (ADA Enrollment Not Required)
- Student Parent Activation Status Whole School (ADA Enrollment Not Required) – Landscape
New Parent/Student Application/Enrollment Access:
If this optional feature has been enabled, a new parent (a parent without any enrolled children in your school district) can create a conditional new parent registration account which only has access to the Parent/Student Application packets (when published). Once a student application has been completed, approved, and uploaded to enroll the student in your school, then this conditional new parent registration account will be converted into a normal parent portal web account.
Direct parents to your specific SchoolWise web portal URL (YourSchool.SchoolWise.com):
- Existing parents in your SchoolWise SIS should sign into their SchoolWise parent portal account (or create one if needed by clicking the Parent Signup link) and complete a new student application packet for each child they want to enroll.
- New parents should click on the Parent Signup link. New parents can signup for a restricted new parent registration account using their email (no access code is required). Once they complete the new parent application packet, they can complete a new student application packet for each child they want to enroll.
If desired, these new parent/student application instructions can be linked to your school website:
Online Registration Access
- Only in-household parents with a parent portal account have access to online registration forms. In-household parents must be marked as a parent in the Desktop SIS to enable access to registration forms. In-household parents are identified with a blue dot beside their name in the Desktop SIS.
- If both in-household parents have separate parent portal accounts, both will have read/write access to the same set of online registration forms. All online registration forms are linked to the family household by FamID. Since the form instances are linked by FamID, any in-household parent account with the same FamID will see the same forms. The AuthorID will be set to the userID of the individual parent who actually filled out the forms.
- All existing in-household parents will see the First Day packet (when published).
- All existing in-household parents will see the optional Student Application packet (when published).
- Out-of-household parents (with an individual parent portal account) do not have access to online registration forms. This type of parent portal account is identified with (Individual) beside the Family Member Name in the SchoolWise web Parents User Accounts tab.
- In the case of split families where both parents have shared custody, only the in-household parent will have access to the online registration forms. School policy should determine which parent is designated the in-household parent and which parent is designated the out-of-household parent. Every student needs exactly one legal address, even if they live part time in more than one location. If you want to change which parent has access to online registration, you would have to swap the in-household parent and the out-of-household parent. Click here for more details.
- If desired, these online registration instructions can be linked to your school website: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QPpo7QMJQbFThauwu8GcmA7YXR_35qKs/view
For schools that utilize our optional Parent Alert system, the following special filters are available for one-time alerts:
- Students Expected to Re-Enroll Next School Year.
- Parents with no Parent Portal Web User Account.
- Parents who have a Parent Portal Web User Account.
- Students with Incomplete First-Day Online Form Packets.
Alert message examples:
Ex1. Create a one-time alert for ‘Parents with no Parent Portal Web User Account’:
“Please setup a parent portal account at https://YourSchool.SchoolWise.com if you have not previously done so. This is required to access online registration forms. Click on the parent signup link and then click on the signup help for instructions.”
Ex2. Create a one-time alert for ‘Students with Incomplete First-Day Online Form Packets’:
“Please complete the online registration process now by signing into your parent portal account at https://YourSchool.SchoolWise.com and then fill out the required forms.”