SchoolWise Web is a set of four add-on modules which run in a web browser. These optional web-based products that are integrated and directly linked to your SIS data. There are many third-party apps, grade-books, meal accounting systems, mass notification systems, online payments and even registration systems. The problem with them is that they all require exports and imports from student information systems and are never really up to date.
The Web Foundation Module
This module includes many features that can be enabled/disabled as desired for your school:
- Both letter-grade and standards-based teacher gradebooks
- Teacher attendance recording (with optional meal ordering feature)
- Parent-Student Portal with teacher messaging system
- Web Reports
- Student Analytics System (contact SchoolWise support to enable this feature)
Parent Alert System
This Mass Communication System provides:
- Both robo-voice and recorded voice phone messages
- SMS text messages
- One time alerts
- Recurring alerts like daily absent calls
- Filters allow alerts to be sent to groups of students/parents based on a large number of criteria
Online Registration Module
- Our web-based online registration system is used in conjunction with our web-based parent portal to publish online registration forms which parents can read, fill out, and sign using any internet browser (via computer, tablet, or smartphone).
- Once the online registration forms have been completed by a parent, the forms can be accessed/edited/approved/uploaded by your school administration and synced to your SIS.
Online Payments Module
- Allows parents and staff to pay for meal charges and other fees online via credit card or ACH check.
While not specifically a SchoolWise web feature, our secure cloud hosting service allows you to run the SchoolWise SIS desktop app from any Windows PC that has a decent internet connection.
- It makes the SchoolWise SIS desktop app truly portable as you no longer need connected to your own server. This flexibility is becoming truly necessary with ongoing natural disasters and Covid-19 lockdowns.
- You no longer have to maintain your own SQL Server. With this service we provide the hardware, software, maintenance and automatic backups of your SIS SQL database.
Web Access Tips
Open an up-to-date internet browser (Chrome, Edge, FireFox, Safari, etc.) and navigate to the URL assigned to your school for SchoolWise Web access. It would look like this: YourSchool.schoolwise.com where "YourSchool" will be unique to your school.
Do not try to connect to YourSchool.schoolwise.com. "YourSchool" is a subdomain prefix assigned by SchoolWise for your specific school district or charter school. After your web module has been setup, we will provide the specific prefix to you.
Do not add the www prefix to your school subdomain. SSL will flag it as a security problem since www.YourSchool.schoolwise.com is not the same address as YourSchool.schoolwise.com.