SchoolWise Documentation & News
<- Expand the file folders to the left to see all of our documentation.
See News Items Below
February 9, 2023
Your Parent-Student portal can now be customized to add 1 or 2 external links (like to your own school website) for parents or students to access from buttons on their home page. Click here for setup instructions.
January 2, 2023
SchoolWise Web User Interface Changes For Administrators:
- The new default admin home page is now a school office menu from which an admin user can select the web page they want to access. An admin user can change their default home page if desired (click here for more details). This user interface change only affects admin web users (regular teachers and other users will see no user interface changes).
- A Student Information link has been added to the school office menu to provide quick access to essential information for all students.
- The Administration drop-down menu on the top right has been streamlined with fewer direct links.
September 1, 2022
New export for Independent Study Attendance Collection (ISAC):
- The Desktop export 'STAS Student Absence Month for ISAC' (File Exports - CALPADS category) has been added. As mentioned in CALPADS Flash Update 235, the STAS file will need to be submitted to the ISAC Reporting System for each of the months August 2021 through May 2022. That means an exported file will need created for each of the 10 months using the Month parameter in the export.
August 22, 2022
New Web Features:
- Student Analytics System adds powerful data analysis and data visualization tools to the SchoolWise Web Foundation module. Contact SchoolWise support to enable this feature.
- Meal Counts by Student: This feature can be added to the gradebook online attendance form to order meals. Click here for more details. Contact SchoolWise support to setup this feature.
- After School Program attendance tracking: Contact SchoolWise support to setup gradebooks with hourly attendance tracking. Automatic billing may also be possible. We can also add a digital signature requirement for student pick up.
New School Year Tips:
- Review the Post-Rollover Checklist in our EOY Rollover Best Practices Guide
- Verify that your course sections have been setup and students enrolled.
- Fiscal Year rollover needs completed before meals can be scanned for the new year or online payments can be processed.
- For those using the SchoolWise Meal Program - a Meal Item rollover needs to be completed before you can scan meals for the new year.
- Automated recurring alerts need rescheduled each school year! If you click the actions wheel and edit alert contents, you can review/edit your old alert and set the new delivery time.
- If your school is set up for automated nightly exports to a 3rd party vendor, the files will need updated to pull data for the new school year. Once students are enrolled in their ADA Grade Level (Period 0H) class for the new year, please contact James@SchoolWise.com to update your exports.
- TOMS Credentials must be regenerated every year (365 days) to continue seamless distribution of CAASPP/ELPAC Student Score Reports (SSRs). See here for help: https://help.schoolwise.com/docs/how-to-link-caaspp-score-credentials-in-schoolwise
June 16, 2022
- The end is now here. To help guide your school for end-of-year rollover and CALPADS submissions, see the following guides for more details:
- EOY Rollover Best Practices Guide
- CALPADS EOY Submission Guide
October 11, 2021
- New Excused Absence Reason Code code added for "M/B Health - Mental & Behavioral Health". On Friday, Oct. 8, 2021 Governor Newsom signed Senate Bill No. 14 (SB14) into law which requires that we implement a new excused absence code "for the benefit of the pupil’s mental or behavioral health". Click here for SB14 details.
September 27, 2021
- The SchoolWise desktop “Meals” tab title has been changed to "Accounting" due to some upcoming changes. The tab title change does not affect any meal reports for auditing purposes. The Meals tab was previously used just for meals accounting. However, we are in the process of adding the ability to keep track of student accounting for other areas in addition to just meals. For example, after-school programs that charge hourly or daily attendance, daycare, sports fees, labs fees, band instrument rentals, or any other fines or fees. Schools will be able to set up the additional accounting sites (or locations) as virtual subsets of the student account. So a student might have separate accounts for “Meals” and “After School Program”. These will all be viewable separately on the desktop student accounting page, as well as on the parent web portal. More details will follow.
September 22, 2021
- New staff web account security settings have been enabled. You can now set the number of idle minutes before staff are automatically logged out from the SchoolWise web portal. You can set the idle minutes from 1-240 (120 is the default). Click here for more details on Web Configuration Setting.
September 1, 2021
- How do I protect my average daily attendance (ADA) for the period that students are in quarantine or awaiting test results?
August 12, 2021
October 6, 2020
- Web report 'Absent Log (Attendance Audit)' added. Please see the following for more details: Electronic Signatures
September 21, 2020
- Video Training Courses Published: https://help.schoolwise.com/docs/search?query=video
September 16, 2020
- Reports for Distance Learning Attendance & Truancy
- New Brief & to the Point Video for Teacher Daily Attendance Recording & Weekly Assignments Log
September 9, 2020
- New Feature: Teacher Reconfigurable Default Reasons for Engaged and Unengaged. Makes recording attendance super-fast.
- What to do when Parents are not receiving Parent Alert Notifications (Parent Alert System)
- New Recurring Parent Alert Template & Filter: Daily Distance Learning Students Unengaged (Send daily alerts (phone and/or texts and email) to parents of students who were unengaged for Districts using Parent Alert)